Monday, October 24, 2011

Justin Timberlake Talks In Time: I'd Like to Occupy Pasadena

In Time follows Timberlake’s character in a world where money has been replaced by time. The poor scramble to live day to day, while the wealthy have centuries to cavort as they wish. The question the film raises is: If you had all the time in the world, what would you do with it (click here for the In Time trailer)?

Timberlake, fresh off his turns in The Social Network and Friends with Benefits, gets us caught up on the platinum album singer’s movie modus operandi. 


Justin Timberlake Talks In Time: I'd Like to Occupy Pasadena
Movie Fanatic: How much fun was it to be the action guy and almost like a James Bond? Especially in the poker scene! 

Justin Timberlake: When you’re a little kid, you obviously see those types of scenes in movies and you never picture yourself as the guy who loses the poker match so... yeah! That worked out then [laughs]. You read it and you’re like, “This is going to be a lot of fun on top of being a really smart, intellectual thriller. We’re going to have a lot of fun.” The script really read like it plays. It was intense for me when I read the script and I remember for three days after I couldn’t stop thinking about the themes but also the fact that it was relentless in its pace. It’s a really rich story filled with lots of things.

Movie Fanatic: What would you do if you only had 24 hours to live? 

Justin Timberlake: It sounds cliché, but I would spend it with people that I love. If I had 24 hours, I’d probably… I could probably squeeze like a three-hour round in if I played golf by myself. Then that leaves me 21 hours, so I would probably spend the rest of that with the people that I love.

Movie Fanatic: If there’s anyone who has “lived,” it’s you. Is there anything you feel you haven’t done yet that you might want to get in that day?

Justin Timberlake: I’d like to Occupy Pasadena. We can work on that [laughs]. I relate that to this film. I saw this movie as a very beautiful story in the midst of a really otherworldly macro-concept. I just saw this movie as there were some really simple themes to this guy and I just saw him as an everyday man who gets pushed too far and decides he’s not going to take it anymore. I was really excited to work with the cast and obviously Andrew. I’m a huge fan of his previous outings. 

Movie Fanatic: What age you would want to get stuck at and why?

Justin Timberlake: I look back as a lot of my younger years have been documented and I can honestly say that I would not like to revisit them. I just went last night to the Environmental Media Awards and obviously it’s recycle, recycle, recycle. And literally, one of the things that popped up into my mind was: I can think of something I probably wouldn’t recycle and that’s a couple of the outfits that I wore in 1999. So I’m perfectly fine with aging.

No comments:

Post a Comment